Friday, December 31, 2004

I'm hyper-aware of my stomach. I don't mean like when you eat too much and are sickly full or if you're rumbly or have a tummy ache. It's more like if suddenly you could feel your earlobe. My stomach is sort of tight and...something else I can't describe. But I'm very much aware of it at all times. I feel precisely where Mr. b's own stomach is pressed against mine when we have sex. I feel precisely how my pants or skirts fit against my stomach whether I'm sitting or standing. It's kind of odd. Mr. b's theory is that I'm noticing the uterine muscles strengthening. I guess I need to read some more preggo-lit! I was talking to my friend Auntie G last night and I think she nailed it. She pointed out that a mutual friend and I have always been squicked out by the concept of having a creature growing inside you like some parasitical alien. Auntie G figures that I'm noticing the stomach/uterus changes so much because I'm subconsciously focused on that aspect of the pregnancy more than anything else. She's probably right!

No comments: