Thursday, December 09, 2004

Man. I was supposed to have my confirmation/due date calculation appointment yesterday. It got rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I just wanna get this part over with! The real visits don't start until after this one apparently. Mr. b is betting Junior will be a Leo. My money is on a Virgo. I've always been surrounded by Virgos--even though there's not supposed to be any particular connection between that sign and Geminis. No matter what, it means a suckfest this summer. I'll be at my fattest during the hottest months. Yay.

I am already getting more used to the idea. Well not of childbirth. I'm still supressing all thoughts about that part of the process. One thing at a time. I'm not walking around in as much of a haze today. Although I have noticed that there sure is a proliferation in my awareness of a few things: pregnant characters on TV shows (Aeryn Sun, Claire on Lost, &c.), prominence of home pregnancy tests in Target (I found them quite difficult to locate way back on Monday when I needed one), and smokers. The last one is easy to explain. I'm now an ex-smoker. Or an almost-ex-smoker. I was always only a part-time smoker. So I'm still having a single ciggie every night. Last night's sucked real bad so the maternal instinct to atually quit must be kicking in.

No comments: