Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I finally started reading some of the preggo-lit. My friend gave me her copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting and I figured out the hot shower/bath thing. The trick is to not raise your body temperature to 102° F and keep it there. So I should be fine continuing with my fiery hot showers since I'm never in there for very long. Of course I have to be careful with the new electric blanket that Mr. b got me!

My sister gave me some hand-me-down maternity clothes she got from a friend and that were supposed to be "professional". There was one cute dress. Sure, I'll hold on to most of the stuff as just-in-case but I really don't know if I'll be that desperate. Just because it's Donna Karan doesn't mean it can't be butt ugly. And who decided that pregnant women need shoulder pads?!

Mr. b and I stopped in at Hot Topic thinking of getting a onesie. My sister gave us back the R2D2 sweatshirt we had gotten our niece when she was a baby so it seemed like a good time to sort of begin shopping. We wussed out though and decided to wait until we actually hear a heartbeat. I sure hope they still have the adorable KISS one with Ace, Gene, Paul, and Peter as little teddy bears. They have the Darth Vader one on their website at least.

The weird-feeling of not-quite-sick still hits me most afternoons. Usually about 4 or 5 o'clock.

No comments: