Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Spider bites. Spider bites! Not hives. Although "itching" is an official pregnancy symptom. Apparently spider bites only ever show up on one family member ("because you're sweeter!") and new ones appear overnight. So now I have to tear apart the bedding and buy some kind of bug killing spray crap to put on the bed frame. Joy. And now Mr. b will never ever stop singing that Flaming Lips song.

We got loaded down with all kinds of preggo-lit at the nurse's session. Mr. b was really into the in untero pictures in one of the magazines. We also got a free sleek black diaper bag which is pretty cool. Although I admit to seeing one on TV this morning that I actually want--it's red satin and has a lovely bamboo pattern embroidered on it. Yep, my life is now reduced to finding groovy diaper bags. Sigh. Anyway, it was all rather uneventful except for having to give them written permission to test for HIV. I swear I've been tested before, like years ago back when Mr. b and I had first started dating, but it still makes me nervous.

Since the doctor was on a delivery I killed time in the lab by peeing in a cup again and getting blood drawn. The blood tech chick was awesome! She totally has the Midas Touch (tm Mr. b). I like our new doc. She's really into being a family practitioner and to me, that seems the most logical way to use your clinic. After giving me the frickin' fastest pap ever (AWESOME!) she tried to pick up the baby's heartbeat. Heartbeat?! Already?! I'm kinda glad it was just a bit too early to find it. I need to prepare for that eventuality. That'll make it Real. Although it seems more and more real as each day comes. Each Wednesday I'm officially another week along so I'm at 9 weeks now. And I've gained 3 pounds since the confirmation appointment.

No comments: