Friday, December 10, 2004

Tell Mom and Dad--check. We were unable to attend The Girls' holiday pageant thingie; I was going to tell them in person there. Actually, I'm kinda glad it worked out this way because I am dreading dealing with my sister. She's just going to be unbearable. Because now she'll finally have something that she did first and she can be the expert and blah blah blah. It's going to be hell. So I called Mom and Dad on their way home. Dad almost drove off the road. Mom was just as excited but in her cool, calm, collected way. When she was trying to guess the due date I reminded her that when I was a kid I was super irregular. That's why I went on the pill in the first place. Sure I had the exact same amount of time between periods after I went off the pill but two months does not a pattern make. Mom's reaction was, "You're a [her maiden name]!" That side of the family has always had a reputation for fertility.

Now I just have to tell my sister and my brother and his wife. I gave Mom permission to let it slip. I've been giving everyone permission to blab away! Really, the fewer people I have to come out to the better. Although coming out as pregnant when you're a grown up who's been married for years isn't like doing it when you're 14 and single. Everyone's really excited and happy for you and junk. It's kinda like when Mr. b's cousin finally came out of the closet and we all went, "Thank god you finally noticed!"

No comments: