Monday, January 03, 2005

Days like today I can't believe Grandma did this six times. I thought I'd be fine today because I was so miserable yesterday. I got up and made Mexican breakfast for us but started to feel bad while cooking. I figured it was just because I had not yet eaten. But food didn't fix anything. I felt like an elementary school kid staying home sick. Wrapped in a blanket, moaning on the couch, drinking various liquids with no hope they will magically make you better. Mr. b was so good to me though. He ran to buy me soup and juice and ice cream. Naturally I started feeling much better in the late evening when bedtime was only an hour away.

Since I haven't been feeling The Sickness multiple days in a row I totally figured I'd be Ok today. But I had to eat some crackers just to get out of bed. And then the bus was so overfull I had to stand the whole way in. The swaying and motor's vibration started to make me even queasier. Even the escalator and elevator gave me motion sickness. I've just been going through the motions at work today. I'm afraid to use my PTO days already so I guess I just have to buck up.

I bet that I avoided the 10-15 pounds you supposedly gain over the holiday season. It helps when you physically can't overeat.

No comments: