Thursday, December 23, 2004

I had to keep taking breaks while doing the dishes last night. I needed to either sit down or bend in half or something. I told Mr. b that I was feeling icky, but it was a new kind of icky. Because it wasn't that queasy almost-nausea. And it wasn't the exhaustion. And it wasn't the faintness I had felt during choir concerts. It was somehow in the middle of those three, a sort of weakness. But it was different yet again from the weakness I feel when I'm low on iron. I was seriously apprehensive about safely remaining standing while I took a shower! (Then I discovered while showering that I can no longer pull my slightly bulging stomach in to approximate flatness.)

I find myself wondering if I should be paranoid about hurting Cletus the Fetus by doing random regular things. Like while present wrapping I found myself mindlessly drumming on my belt buckle. Does that jostle the creature inhabiting my uterus? What about super-hot showers? That's the temperature I prefer but I know that pregnant women aren't supposed to go into hottubs (and old wives tales also say to steer clear of taking baths.) I have a list of authorized over-the-counter medications but I guess these other things I'll just have to remember to ask at the next appointment in 4 weeks. Or maybe I should actually read that preggo-lit that's piled in the guest room--excuse me, the baby room. Mr. b has been studying up and already knows about stuff I haven't even heard of!

No comments: