Monday, January 24, 2005

I may be paranoid. But I feel like my girlfriends are totally avoiding me. Not the ones that have kids. Lord knows they have stuff going on. And they email me and make time to talk even if we can't get together. But that's more than I'm getting from the girlfriends without kids. Like I said, I may be paranoid but this is getting ridiculous. From unanswered emails to non-returned phone calls, I am being avoided. Do they think pregnancy is contagious? I mean, all joking aside because it does seem to go in waves. I would just think it's regular mid-winter hibernation except that I hear about them going away with other friends and doing things that I previously would be invited to do. And I don't buy being busy with school and work and whatnot as an excuse with any validity. They made time for a quick phone call just to check in before I was pregnant. Why not now? I really wonder what's going on. Maybe I'm a reminder that they're getting older and they physically can't put off their non-decision (after I'm done with this, but then I have to do that first, too) to have kids any longer. And maybe this is just one of those things that weeds out the true friends, like a tough break-up or quitting drugs or something. But I must say that I am dismayed about the ones that are proving too weak to handle being my friend through this. I would not have bet on them being the lame ones. I hope I'm just being paranoid.

No comments: