Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Week 11

Some new things I've noticed:
  • Motion sickness. I've never experienced it before in my life but now I know what all the fuss is about. It sucks. It seems to hit me either in the morning or when I'm full. I first noticed it while driving back from lunch with Mr. b a couple of weeks ago. Distractions--talking, reading--seem to help.
  • Belching. I mean honest to god frat boy belching. I've never been able to pull off more than a big burp before, and that needed much root beer assistance. Now they're coming with the slightest bit of indigestion. I feel like I'm saying, "Excuse me" non-stop some nights. Thankfully it hasn't started up during work!
  • Enhanced smelling ability. That's right, I've already got the world-famous Mom Super Nose. Granted, I've always had keen senses but this is getting ridiculous. Mr. b was outside smoking a cigarette last week and I smelled it through the slight draft in the window near me. And Junior won't be able to get away with the shit I pulled off based on my mom's naiveté. She was ignorant and so believed that it really was just incense she smelled after a weekend I spent home alone.
  • Emotionalism. Actually, I'm not sure about this one yet. Some of it is regular. Like crying when reading about the tsunami. I've always been incredibly empathic about that kind of thing. Sci-fi violence and gore? Thumbs up. But I can't watch war movies because I can't handle knowing that those lives really were cut short. But some of it is silly. Like crying at sappy, sentimental, button-pushing commercials. And I would only do that previously if I was PMSing really hard.

No comments: