Friday, January 14, 2005

I keep trying to decide if I'm really already starting to "show" or not. The other day Mr. b declared that I am. Sometimes I agree with him and other times I think that while there's a roundness that won't go down, it's not any worse than just an out-of-shape phase. I think it depends on the time of day. I seem to have reverse morning sickness. On regular days, not horrid ones like at the beginning of this week, I start out feeling great. By the time I'm winding down and getting ready for bed, I feel gassy and queasy and bloaty and blech. And then yes, my stomach definitely looks bigger. It also depends on what I'm wearing. My pants and most of my skirts are all low on the hips anyway so there's not much difference there yet. (Although I did go down one belt notch for comfort's sake already.) But earlier this week I wore a skirt with an elastic waist and I had to keep it pulled down below my belly and it just totally emphasized the growth.

Clearly my definition of "regular" has changed. If I answer "I'm fine" to the question "How are you?" it does not mean what it used to. My baseline is different.

No comments: