Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Figures that I would start to feel better when I got home yesterday. Mr. b was still acting like I was helpless though and almost refused to let me make some frickin' mac'n cheese for dinner. Part of the problem was that he thought it wasn't healthy enough for the baby. Now, earlier this week I was reading the pregnancy diet section of one of the books I've acquired. First of all, they suggest you get used to eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. I've always been like that so no difficulty there. Next, they listed the kinds of nutrients I need to make sure I get and point out obvious things like chips and cookies all the time is not healthy. No shit. Again, I've always been the kind of person to eat a piece of fruit for a snack. I honestly can tell what my body is deficient in and then eat something rich in that nutrient/vitamin/whatever. I've loved cooking and baking from scratch since I was a little girl so there's no strong addiction to ultra-processed snacks and crap. Hell, I don't even go for fast food burgers more than a couple times a year. Mr. b knows all this, acknowledges all this. He was just in a bad mood.

But we did go to the grocery store later last night and totally loaded up on healthy snacks. Now the kitchen is filled with salads, dried fruits, granola bars, nuts, cheeses, and, because I apparently cannot live without it anymore, ice cream. Oh well. Got to have one weakness.

I also got some Coke. The lovely folk over at the Enterprise forum said that something about Coca-cola's syrup makes it a great nausea reducer. I don't like ginger ale and am too much of a root beer snob to go with those options. I brought a can to work today (thankfully standing on the bus this morning didn't affect me like it did yesterday) and have been sipping on it since I got in. Apparently slamming a can of soda is no longer an ability I have.

No comments: