Friday, January 28, 2005

I was so relaxed at my facial on Monday that I thought for sure I would feel movement for the first time. Nothing. But I think my subconscious is aware of Junior Dax (thanks for that one lis!) moving about already. I had the creepiest fetal movement dream last night. I was home alone and suddenly there was this outline of a tiny hand pushing from inside. The entire hand and arm then extended the skin of my right breast. Even in my dream state I knew that was wrong; carrying "high" doesn't mean that high! So then I felt the uterus slide down my ribcage and stop on the right side of my middle belly. From the second that the hand became visible, I somehow knew in my dream that the baby was a girl. Who knows what that means. Next I started to feel "her" paw-paw at me like a kitty. I pressed my hands to that point on my stomach and could feel her sharp little finger and toe nails through my skin. I was weirded out by just how vivid the movements were. I had been expecting something more vague. Mr. b got home and I tried to explain to him what I had experienced. Needless to say, I was very confused when I woke up in a darkened bedroom with a sleeping husband next to me. But on the positive side, no amount of movement will ever be that weird!!

I seriously need to remember that this is a good parasite. It is not an Alien ready to burst out. At least I'm not scared of Predators anymore. Because as we all learned in the Danny Glover movie, Predators have a code of honor and don't shoot pregnant women. Even if they're cops holding guns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee! You're welcome!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you bel!

womba