Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Week 30: RotS Day Eve

I always thought my mom was full of shit when you'd ask her what she wanted for her birthday or Christmas or whatever. She'd say there was nothing she wanted and then mention some boring domesticity that she "needed". Or just request a chore get done or that we simply all get together as a family for dinner or something equally hokey. And yet, when Mr. b asked what I want for my upcoming 30th birthday, I couldn't think of anything. I don't want any clothes because I'm still preggers. I don't want any Star Wars merch because I already have the jigsaw puzzles and we'll just buy action figures as we desire them. At least I resisted saying out loud that I want to get all new towels for the upstairs bathroom. That would have been a definite fall into Mother Mentality. I guess there was no reason for me to feel like a phoney when I got Mother's Day well-wishes. Hey, at least I spent my card cash on Babylon 5 DVDs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.