Monday, May 23, 2005

Another baby shower! Mr. b was such a perfect Guest of Honor. He squealed with delight at all the gifts and constantly announced how embarassed he was with all of the attention, while grabbing for the next present to unwrap. I did not take enough pictures. We got a really good mix of fun and practical gifts. We totally scored on the funky onesie front: Darth Vader "Who's Your Daddy", The Cure "Boys Don't Cry", and a series of homemade iron-ons featuring the Ghostbusters and various Kirks (like Captain and Hammet).

Earlier in the weekend we scored a hand-me-down changing table. Now we really have no choice but to remove the guest bed. It's a nursery and there's no way around it. We need to set up all the baby furniture and sort through all of our loot. We need to take serious stock of what we're still missing on the Big Ticket item front. Granted there's still one more shower in our future but I think it'll be good to begin an inventory. Like, I know we're going to need more bottles and feeding equipment (and a dishwasher) and I have to find out if my health insurance will cover a breast pump. And we still don't even have a line on a stroller--but we've got a couple of promised basinets and car seats so we should be good there.

I just keep trying to focus on the practical issues. When I focus on child birth I freak out. I read the section on the most common methods of pain reduction in use today and that sounded just as bad as delivery itself. I was in tears.

I have the vertical belly line now. Both Mr. b and I just noticed it within the past couple of days.

No comments: