Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I had a lesser medical milestone this morning: the glucose tolerance test. They had me drink 10 ounces of this sugared up beverage that tasted like a combination of Gatorade and Orange Drink, but not as good as either on their own. Then after an hour I gave them a pee sample and some blood. I suppose they'll let me know if I have gestational diabetes. Since I now start going to the doctor every 2 weeks instead of every 4 I'm just not that concerned.

Doc continues to be totally chill about this pregnancy. We bonded over both being Geminis that seem to always be surrounded by another particular star sign; in her case Leo, in mine Leo and Virgo.

I realized that she's doing the math for my net weight gain differently than I was doing. When I went in for the first official Ob appointment, I had already gained 5 pounds. Which I then lost over the course of the first trimester. So I've been calculating based on my normal weight. But when Doc added in the 9 pounds that I've gained over the past month she said that I'm only up to 19 total. Because she was starting from the other point. People at work say that it doesn't look like I've gained anything significant because I'm not showing anywhere besides my protruding belly. I do think my chin has gotten a bit rounder. Not like Grayza in Peacekeeper Wars or anything. Just compared to my normally very pointy chin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bel, it's me, Isaboe. From TWoP. Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys had gotten a mobile for the crib yet. I had an idea.When you get one, instead of using the ones that came with it, use your StarTrek Christmas ornaments(the ships). You can tie them on with unwaxed dental floss. Of course when he gets big enough to reach them, you'll have to move them but it's kinda cool.
I hated the Glucose test. Blech.