Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Week 28

Wow I feel better today. It's amazing what a little husband-provided TLC, some syndicated sitcoms on TBS, and an early bedtime can to do improve life. I'm wearing a cute-as-hell outfit (Mr. b was right about that skirt!) with my tall London boots and feel almost perky. Child Person has definitely been active this morning, too.

We finished off our registry assignment this weekend with a trip down to the giant Babies R Us. I'm very glad that we didn't do that place first. Our little bottle aisle scare in Target would have been mild in comparison. Mr. b found a pillow shaped like a giant apostrophe for me. I think it's definitely helped my sleeping comfort.

We realized the reason for some of our discombobulation during these registration sessions. We just don't fit in with that world. There is no giant chain store for hipster babies. We drive out to freeway laden suburbia and immediately look scummy with our piercings and stubble and boots and mod clothes in comparison with the scrubbed fresh young couples with their mothers-in-law taking over their preparations. Frankly, I wouldn't even want a Martha Stewart inspired nursery collection. I'm looking forward to putting up a shelf for all of our Kirk action figures.

No comments: