Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mr. b made his first trip to the grocery store for weird food last night. Previously, I haven't had any real, honest-to-goodness cravings. I'm highly suggestible though. Like the past week I've had to have KFC, Subway, and Taco Bell. All because I saw ads and they worked on me. I'll smell or see someone's lunch at work and then that's what I'll want. It kind of makes planning meals easy. I just have to remember what's available in the cupboard and then think about that all day and by the time I get home, that's what I want!

But yesterday I was miserable. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I really thought it was just because of getting a grand total of 4 and a half hours of sleep the night before. (This "increased sleeplessness" third trimester side effect sucks.) Mr. b picked me up from work and we went for Mexican and it was awesome. But later that night I started feeling strange. It wasn't regular heartburn or more than the normal tightness and inability to get comfortable. I felt hot and weak. About 8:30 I figured it out: I needed iron.

I was told to go off my iron pills when I started this whole pregnancy project. And I haven't had a problem. But I do remember the preggo-lit mentioning that anemia can be an issue in the third trimester. And it seems as though it may be for me. I hadn't felt that low iron feeling in so long, no wonder it took me all night to identify it. Mr. b went to the store and got me some spinach and broccoli and I ate it raw while sitting in bed watching TV. I felt so much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.