Monday, March 21, 2005

We've got the Star Wars posters up. We also framed a nice schematic of the NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B...) and it looks awesome on the wall above the crib. Now we just need to spread the word to friends and family that we're going with a "celestial theme" for the nursery. Hopefully that way we'll end up with cartoon rockets and smiley faced comets. Instead of teddy bears playing sports.

While on our way to buy the frames on Saturday we ended up hitting the biggest pot hole in the Midwest. And Child Person jumped! I thought it was kind of funny and just harassed Mr. b for his poor driving and then forgot about it. But the next day I was informed that Mr. b did some preggo-lit research. It seems that this is about the time in fetal development when the baby gets the "startle reflex". Huh. I never would have guessed you get that while still in the womb. Now I'm waiting for the poor little guy to start freaking out the next time Mr. b shouts at him through my stomach, "Hey! Child Person! Wake up!" But I suppose it also explains why there has been regular movement the past week or so when I first get to work. That bus ride is pretty bumpy.

No comments: