Friday, March 18, 2005

Well then. There's a crib in the blue room now. It's funny that we painted the guest room blue when we moved in. Just thought it was a nice color. Last weekend Mr. b drove out to SoDak to pick up a load of hand-me-down baby furniture--including the crib that his parents had set up in their spare room for when they were on babysitting-the-grandbabies duty. We still have to fully rearrange the room. I want to hang those Star Wars posters. Obviously the queen size bed will have to leave, but it's fine pushed up against the corner for now. The room had been the catch all place for the baby stuff already. But somehow piles of maternity clothes, preggo-lit, toys, and baby clothes didn't seem *that* real yet. But a crib. That's major. We put Squeakers Squirrel in it so she could get used to the smell of the new furniture and whatnot. Mr. b was getting all choked up when he put in the two little stuffed animals he personally picked out for his son. It was very sweet.

We've been occasionally freaking ourselves out about just how long it's been already. I mentioned something about December and Mr. b gasped. And yet, that's how long we've known. I peed on the stick on the 5th or 6th. Then I gasped when he pointed out that we've been living in our new house pregnant for longer than we lived in it not pregnant. At the doctor's office we were both amazed at how much less scary it is now than that first confirmation appointment. I pointed out that back then, I hadn't ever been pregnant before. It was a complete unknown. Now I've got several months of being pregnant practice behind me. Experience blah blah perspective-cakes.

No comments: