Monday, April 18, 2005

Wow this morning ended up being rough. I think it was just a combination of a lot of variables but I ended up on the edge of fainting. Factors involved may have been the humidity from the overnight thunderstorms, falling asleep on the bus, power being out in the building. I took the stairs up one flight and the elevators were working there so I didn't have to go the whole 6 floors. But I started feeling dizzy and seeing spots in the elevator and seriously didn't know if I could stay upright. I made it out and sat in the nearest chair for a little while before making my way to my desk. Most of the power was still out in the building so there was no air conditioning and the water/ice dispenser wasn't working. A very kind co-worker went over to the cafeteria and bought me a bottle of water. I felt discombobulated for the rest of the morning, regardless of how much water I've been drinking and how many snacks I've had. It's kind of like the low iron feeling of having my life force sucked out of me. But I can't figure out what it is my body is craving. I have most of my energy back now and only the slightest of headaches to remind me. It was all very odd. I've always been hyper sensitive to humidity. Being pregnant this summer should be, ahem, interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie! I hope you're feeling better today.

/lis