Monday, April 25, 2005

Those wacky kids Diablo and Jon have done it again! They're the best. Last week I came home to a package containing a specially ordered silk screened toddler t-shirt. It says, "KHAAAAAAAN!" And since I already got one in Daddy size for Mr. b, now they can match some more. It's too bad all this cute-as-hell stuff is going to be covered in puke seconds after it's on Child Person. Just as long as we can keep it all clean enough for pictures....

I've realized I have no grasp of my own personal sense of style any more. I've been wearing hand-me-downs for too long. I went through a box from my SIL on Friday. There were definitely some items that were far too preppy for my taste, and thankfully they didn't really fit so I don't have to feel bad about rejecting them. And really, it was incredibly thoughtful of her to send them up from Texas. Mr. b's brother said that she's sending up another box soon, too. I've been putting aside all the too small/not-quite-right/&c. items to bring to my other SIL. She and my brother are expecting, too! Due December 1st.

Anyway, back to fashion. So yesterday Mr. b and his brother and I were at Target, ostensibly so BIL could buy "souvenirs" to bring home to his kids. We went by the maternity clothes section and I was cajoled into trying some things on. I'm wearing the hippie-chick dashiki lookin' shirt I picked out. But I also got this flouncy, khaki, pink and white flower printed, knee-length, silk skirt. Mr. b swears it's adorable but I can't tell. And that's when it became apparent to me that I have totally lost touch with my own fashion sense. Lord knows what I'm going to do when I have to go back to wearing normal clothes. Everything is packed away in boxes right now.

No comments: