Monday, April 11, 2005

One of the manifestations of my hormonally induced hyper-emotionality is the need to have Mr. b sleep with me at night. I get all bent out of shape if he's staying up later than me for legitimate reasons or just to drink. I really freak out on him if he's still up when I wake up for my regular middle-of-the-night pee. I know it's not fair. I know I can't even really cuddle with him since I have to have a damn pillow crammed between my legs and under my belly. But I need him there with me. One of our fellow visitors at the penitentiary last Thursday was a girl who (I overheard her say) was 3 weeks away from her due date. She was huge. And she was obviously visiting her significant other. There is no way I could handle going through this without Mr. b by my side. I just keep thinking about that girl and what it must be like knowing that she'll have to deliver on her own. Who knows how long she'll have to raise their child on her own. I am so lucky to have a husband who gives a damn, who is excited about being a father, who wants to know as much as possible every step of the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only he could breast feed! Really, it made me feel even more useless than not being able to share in carrying the babies ;-)