Thursday, April 14, 2005

Week 25

I've gained another 8 pounds. It was pretty funny watching Doc when she was looking at my chart. First she was concerned that I gained so much in one month. Then you could see her doing math (7+8=a measely 15 pounds total). She changed her mind almost mid-comment and decided that I could really stand to gain even more. I'm not eating any less than I was. In fact I'm trying to not fill up on salads--but I like salads! I try to eat as much as I can when I'm at dinner but then I get all full of chow and baby. Eh. I'm not really concerned about it. Doc sure as hell isn't. Everything else is going along just fine.

She mentioned that we only have one more month before the appointments step up to every two weeks. Yikes! Already? Doc asked if I was scared. Hell yeah I'm scared! Most people think I'm scared of the child raising part. Nope. Just the child bearing part. I did remember to ask about my old hip injury. After describing it to her (danceline when I was 14, pulled the hamstring and groin muscles, also tore the tendons and ligaments, some of which pulled out chunks of bone, which never were set so I have lots of scar tissue and minimized flexibility) she figured that it probably wouldn't be a problem. I had been worried about it but figured I was being paranoid because it's on the outside of my pelvis, not inside. Doc did say that oftentimes with hip stuff you don't know that it's going to be a problem until it is. Goody. The only thing that scares me more than child birth is surgery. And you have to be awake during a C-section.

No comments: