Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Just in time. My lovely co-worker gave me a huge bin of maternity clothes. I didn't think we were the same size but everything fit well enough. Even the pants! Sure, they're too short but I'm just going to have to ignore that for now. "Beggars can't be choosers." Mr. b scolded me for saying that in regards to all these hand-me-downs. He said that there are some things that he wouldn't let me out of the house in if I wasn't pregnant and some that I shouldn't be wearing even though I am pregnant. He got all sad about "doing this" to me when he saw what I have to wear now! Sweet Hunny. I agree, some of the stuff is pretty darn teacher-y.

I got my first dose of hot flash on Sunday. We went up north to properly bury Tron (January. Minnesota. Frozen ground.) and afterwards were walking my parents' land with the dog. I only lasted about 20 or 30 minutes before I had to go back to the house. I wasn't really tired but it was so damn humid. But when we got inside I didn't feel any better! My dad came across me propped in front of a breeze-catching open window, holding a cold soda can to my forehead. "Gee, you must be pregnant!" Ha ha Dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(From morrigan, stupid blogspot won't let me log on...)

Rock on, Marvelous Marv!

I wish I were there for the baby showers and the just hanging out. You were really written up in City Pages? 17-yr-old us would have thought that was SO COOL. And it is!

*sigh* Back to effing ProQuest search ...

Anonymous said...

Slightly too-short pants don't look bad with sandals, and it is getting warm enough for sandals soon, right?

I'm trying to be helpful. Is it working? :)

/lis

Anonymous said...

Hey! I take offense! ;) I'm a teacher who's also prego and due in July and I think I look pretty darn cute in my lavendar cords with elastic waist and long black stretchy shirt! It is nice to get some hand me downs but you should also check out Old Navy and Gap at MOA. They have some really cute clearance maternity stuff, and a couple things you might want to splurge on! Good luck!