Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Week 16

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'm actually feeling Junior move and that I'm not just hallucinating it. According to the preggo-lit (which Mr. b reads so I don't have to--good Hunny!) I shouldn't start to notice movement until the end of the fourth month. I'm in the middle of the fourth month. But I've also talked to women with more than one kid and they all say they felt movement way earlier for the second child than the first. Because they knew what to pay attention for. One co-worker described it as feeling butterflies in your stomach. Literally. And that's what I keep feeling.

Back when I first found out and was noticing other physical stomach weirdnesses, Auntie G postulated that I was hyper aware because that's the part I was freaked out about most. The having something growing inside of me bit. So I'm definitely continuing to stretch my consciousness and reach out for some sign of the life that's poaching off me. But I'm also much more used to the notion of being pregnant. Probably actually being pregnant has helped me there. So I wonder if I'm more desperate to be sure of the fetal movement because I'm desperate to feel life inside me. Because of loosing Tron.

No comments: