Monday, February 21, 2005

The other day Mr. b announced, "Wow. Your stomach is really hard." Which makes sense when you consider how all my guts have been pushed up and away and are now in an increasingly denser mass. I don't really like looking at the diagrams that show just how all the organs end up getting shoved aside for the uterus. It's a little creepy because that's going on inside me Right Now. But I am certainly noticing three main side effects of this migration. First, my bladder is totally smaller or feeling the pressure or something. Even when I have to go "really bad", there's not much there. Certainly nothing like one of those lengthy Austin Powers pees. Second, pooping is definitely getting harder. I knew that constipation was a standard pregnancy symptom but now I'm also understanding why hemorrhoids are as well. I had always thought they were somehow related to the hormonal state of being pregnant or relegated to extreme pushing during labor. But nope. I bet most of them are just from trying to poop with a crimped colon. And lastly, my stomach is definitely smaller. I end up feeling full after half a meal. It's just not fair. Granted there are still moments when for whatever reason I can pack it in like old times, but those are increasing rare. I'm going to end up grazing literally all day long.

No comments: