Thursday, February 10, 2005

The darling older Cuban woman that also works on this floor just declared that I'm starting to show. But also that since I'm tall, I won't ever have that big of a belly. I don't know about the second part but I had definitely noticed the first part. Earlier this week I realized that I actually look pregnant now. And not just at the end of the day when my belly's full of chow. At first I thought it was mostly when I was naked, because then you can see the full silhouette of my body. Since I normally wear low-rider pants, they haven't really enhanced any belly size that I could tell. But I've also continued to wear the tightish shirts that make up most of my wardrobe and there's no denying that if you *know*, now there's obviously a pregnant belly under there.

I've been anticipating that I would mostly end up wearing hippie dresses, baby doll and empire waisted, flouncy fabric things. Especially since it'll be hot when I'm biggest. But I also don't have any need to camouflage my pregnancy. Not like my MIL who kept hers hidden from everyone and had planned to give up Mr. b's older brother for adoption. My point being, I don't think I'd go to the extreme of the current Hollywood standard of having your belly actually exposed, but I don't see any issue with continuing to wear form fitting tops. And hell, I might as well flaunt the enhanced bustline while it's there.

No comments: