Monday, February 28, 2005

Ah. Mental Health Day. How I will miss thee. In the midst of my laying about on Friday, reading and watching Star Trek on Spike (yay DS9!), I finally went through 2 boxes of hand-me-down maternity clothes. These were considerably more appealing than the crap my sister had given me several months ago. It was amazing how much better I looked in maternity shirts than the increasingly too-small regular items from my closet. I guess everything is just more attractive when it's cut to fit the shape of your figure. Some of it was still way too big but some is perfect for right now. I found a cute Shohreh Aghdashloo in 24 pre-gunshot wound shirt. I sorted through it all and stashed away all the slightly ill-fitting or just not something I think is cute items. I'm calling it the Beggars Can't Be Choosers box. We'll see if I end up digging in to it by the end.

I'm definitely feeling more stomach/uterus muscle changes. My abdomen has been really sore and I'm always feeling like I'm about to pull a muscle if I turn too quickly or something. It was especially bad trying to fall asleep last night when I was restless anyway. Hopefully these growing pains won't stick around too long. Or will go away with some stretching. I guess I should hurry up and watch that prenatal yoga tape to find out if there are any specific poses that are particularly good. I've just been going off of years of dance training and various miscellaneous martial arts and yoga classes.

No comments: