Friday, February 04, 2005

Week 15

People have been telling both Mr. b and I how you get this amazing burst of energy in your 2nd trimester. When the hell is mine coming?! I'm just exhausted this week. Maybe it's because this has been a particularly difficult week, both at work and with the loss of Tiny Tron. My emotions are definitely at the surface. Then again, I can't tell if the rawness of my feelings is entirely grief related or if it's pregnancy induced. Probably both. But I am definitely more emotional and it takes more effort to go back to my formerly rational self. I was previously so logical that my friend used to call me a Vulcan. How the hell do Vulcan women get through pregnancy without going nuts trying to suppress all the extreme emotions?! Well, that's certainly a storyline that won't be covered in Enterprise now that it's canceled so I'll just have to wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Vulcan women don't have the same hormonal issues. Or, they meditate. I'll bet they meditate a lot.

You're doing fine, sweetie. I admire your honesty about your struggles. It makes me feel better about being totally scared of the pregnancy thing. Parenthood, I'm fine with. But I'm terrified of being pregnant. Weird, huh?

/lis (I'm going to have to sign up for this site soon, if I keep posting here)