Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I'm glad Mr. b can come with me to the doctor this afternoon after all. He had originally accidentally scheduled himself to work. It's not like it's that big of a deal. These are certainly not very exciting appointments. Pee in a cup, get weighed, check my blood pressure, listen to Junior Dax's heartbeat. Not exactly a spectator event. But I need him there. I need to not be doing this alone. Even though I technically am doing this alone. But that's just because of biology. I'm glad that I'm not a knocked up single gal. I'm glad that I don't have a baby daddy who just doesn't care or Get It. Mr. b is very supportive and is excited about it all. So I'm glad that he comes with me to all the boring office visits because the reality of this situation finally hit me last night. I think I've been pretty darn realistic about pregnancy and having an infant. But last night I was suddenly overcome by a wave of fear. And it wasn't even the giving birth fear (which I keep locked up tightly because I'm not even willing to face that one yet--the Bene Gesserit would disapprove). It was the reality fear. I really will have an infant to care for before the year is out.

No comments: