Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I am so fucking sick and tired of my clothes. I have only 4 pairs of pants that even fit any more. And that number is quickly dwindling. I tried on an old pair of jeans this weekend that are not low rise and I couldn't keep them on for longer than a couple of minutes. I'm wearing the same outfits over and over and over. There was a year in high school where the Will to my Grace bet me that I couldn't wear a different outfit everyday. We defined outfit to be the combination of separate elements and not the separate elements thenselves. Anyway, with my flamboyant and rather clownish style of the time, I won that bet easily. But then it took me years to shake off that mindset. Even well into college I was trying to put my outfits together in new ways. Like my half-asleep or stoned classmates and friends would even notice. And now I'm still feeling the fashion damage. I hate that I can only fit into a handful of my tight t-shirts anymore. I hate that I keep wearing the same basic outfits week in and week out. And I'm not even that big yet! Well, at least maternity clothes will be something new (or hand-me-downed) and different. I'm just not sure at what point you're supposed to switch over from your own stuff to that stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think when your own clothes don't fit and you feel uncomfortable in them, it is time to switch over to the maternity clothes. (In other words, probably pretty soon, based on this post).

We could get you a cute A-line jacket like Major Kira's!

(hee. /lis)