Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Week 36

One more week and I'm officially full term. I find it strange that the range is 37-42 weeks. Well, not really that strange compared to all the rest of the weirdness this little pregnancy project has wrought. Mr. b says that right now if you stick a toothpick in the bun in the oven, you'll get moist crumbs. We need to wait for dry crumbs so the cooking continues.

My brief reprieve from sleeping troubles seems to have ended. Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Now I'm back to waking almost hourly, sometimes to pee and sometimes from sheer uncomfortableness.

I'm ending up with more back aches now, too. Teacher showed us a diagram illustrating how the uterus is anchored at the lower back and that's why so many women end up with sore lower backs. But for me, it's been more in the middle. I think part of the problem is that I can't stretch those muscles the way I used to; there's a baby in the way. And part of the problem is that I'm always bending and twisting in strange ways to try to get this baby out from under my right rib and that's straining my middle back. I was actually in tears yesterday when I got home from work. I couldn't get comfortable either sitting or laying on the couch, even using tons of pillows for extra support. Thankfully Mr. b had impeccable timing and got home just as I was at my breaking point. I felt so much better after a back massage.

1 comment:

Jon Hunt said...

One Week. GOD DAMN.

Well, whenever it goes down, remember: we're thinking about you!

Jon