Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'm sick. This sucks. I stayed home yesterday and was miserable. Today I'm slightly less miserable. But does that equal better? I called the clinic yesterday to find out what kind of drugs I was able to take. Nurse said Robitussin. It makes me loopy.

I felt the sore throat coming on Saturday night. But I didn't know if it was just from talking loudly over the noise at the wedding reception. Or maybe the temperature extremes from being outside and humid then inside and air conditioned. Or maybe I picked up a bug while touring the maternity ward at the hospital during birth class earlier that day. I didn't really give it much thought. And then when I felt super crappy at birth class the next morning, I thought it was just constipation and swollen legs. (Despite all the good leg massaging I got from one of the Astronaut Wives at the reception.)

It's really sucky being sick while preggers. I'm already having trouble getting comfortable laying down. My stomach is all squished and tiny and so leaks acid when I'm laying down. I was sort of freaked out about taking Zantac on top of the 'Tussin, despite the fact that both have been authorized. About 1 o'clock last night I gave in and was able to sort of sleep through the rest of the night.

At least I was able to avoid getting sick earlier in the pregnancy. Anecdotally, once you get a preggers cold, it never really fully goes away while you're still knocked up. I sure hope that one's just an Old Wife's Tale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally, I'd recommend hallucinogens. They don't make you feel any better, but you don't care . . . ;-P

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Poor bel.

I almost wrote "poor thing" but didn't want thinga to get confused.

I then almost wrote "poor baby" but it isn't the baby who is sick.

*sigh* Stupid English degree makes me too damn picky. :)

/lis