Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I've begun talking to the baby child. "Ow! C'mon Baby, stop it." "Damn it, Little Baby you're hurting me." That kind of thing. I swear I already have a sense of his personality. He's a hyper little scamp, very rowdy. We're definitely going to have to keep an eye on him. "Two eyes," says Gandalf.

I had another uber creepy baby dream last night. He was moving around so much and I looked down and could actually make out the perfect outline of his facial profile stretching out of my stomach skin. I showed that bit of freakiness to my sister. Then suddenly I was holding him in the palm of my hand. He wasn't actually born, and he was tiny, but he was fully developed and still technically attached to me somehow, and yet outside of the womb. Just visiting I guess. He was crying and I kept trying to give him my finger to calm him down. Then he became much larger, probably closer to his actual current size. But he also became *aware*. Like abomination aware. (I swear I haven't gone through any Reverend Mother rituals while preggers.) And his head swelled up and his eyes spread apart and he spoke in some language I didn't understand. I was desperate to get him back in my belly where he belonged. But the only way to do it was to open my jaw like a snake and very carefully let him back in through my mouth. I felt like Cronus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creee. Peee.

/lis