Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dyn-O-Mite!

Well, the friend that loaned us a car seat before Kirk was even born just came by to pick it up. She’s due with their second on April 1st but is convinced that she won’t make it to April Fool’s Day. We both got a good chuckle out of the fact that the seat was too big for Kirk when he was first born. Crazy. He’s in a back-to-front facer now. Mr. b and I went to the big Baby Fair at Toys R Us on Tuesday. Yeah, we totally got suckered into their coupon flyer. But it was such a great sale!

We got Kirk the car seat ($10 off!) and we got him some miscellaneous food and basic care items (all with coupons!) and we got him a walker ($5 off!) and spent enough to get a free umbrella stroller ($12.99 value!). This was the first time we spent over a hundred, at once, on solely baby crap. It was totally worth it all for that walker.

I know that the American Academy of Pediatrics (or whatever) does not advocate the usage of walkers. And when Mr. b first brought it up to me, I was thinking of those Danger Will Robinson jagged metal 70s deals. But this thing is totally Christopher Pike. It’s so cool! It’s got bears on it and a little toy tray. Kirk is kick ass at going backwards and is starting to realize he can go forwards, too. Two nights. That’s it. He’s already awesome at it and it’s been two nights. He’s so going to skip crawling. I know parents always say, “I don’t know why I was so excited for my kid to start walking, now I can’t keep up!” but dangit, it’s my right as a parent to be excited for my kid to start walking and then exasperatedly tell new parents that it was silly of me to think so!

No comments: