Monday, February 13, 2006

Side Effects

On Friday at Auntie's, Kirk had his very first blow-out. When we picked him up, he was wearing his cousin A1's shorts, hiked up to his arm pits old man style, and his clothes were in a plastic bag. When we first started leaving Kirk with my sister we would always make sure there was a spare set of clothes, or at least another onesie, in the diaper bag. But we got lazy. He never had a blow-out. When he was first born friends would say ominously, "Wait until you have to cut his clothes off him!" Ew. But, nothing. So it was a shock to learn that he had literally pooped his pants. Especially considering the more solid nature of his poos now that he eats food. My sister swears that it's all due to the antibiotics. She says that whenever her girls were on them they ended up with messy, messy poo.

I think that the drugs have also increased the smelliness of his pee. Since he's been on it, I can smell when he pees. And I mean, it's strong. It smells like he's got hours and hours of pee in there. It smells like he's marking his territory strong. But when I go to change his diaper, there's hardly any wetness.

2 comments:

LA said...

Oh man...the heinous craptacular antibiotic movements and stank pee are in full effect here as well. It's just foul. Our house has yet to experience the blowout that Kirk had. It's just a matter of time and solid food.

belsum said...

Hee! Sorry thinga. I guess there must just be something in the Midwestern water that's keeping la's and my lives relatively blowout-free!