Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I finally got my baby tattoo. It's the Sanskrit translation of Kirk's full name: Protector of the Church on the Hill. I've been planning on this tattoo since before I even planned to start trying to get pregnant. I didn't know what my theoretical baby would be called but I knew how I would honor the child's name. I know that people say getting tattoos is addictive but since it's been 9 years since my first, I think I'll be safe! Now I can start considering having a naming ceremony of some sort. I'm very pleased that there haven't been any parental pressures to have a baptism.

The haircut and the tattoo were funded by Mr. b's saved tip money. He wanted to pay for them as his thanks-for-having-my-baby gift. How did that tradition get started anyway? I don't know that I had even heard of it before that Friends episode. It's very sweet though and I am happy to benefit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tattoo looks fantastic!

Joana said...

You look great! That's what I call a great haircut (double meaning, of course).
Happy New Year for all of you!
*

LA said...

Great tattoo!