Monday, January 16, 2006

Clothes Pony

While at Target this weekend I discovered that everything is on sale right now. So besides picking up a couple of shirts for myself, I picked out tons of new clothes for Kirk. Three pairs of pants, two shirts, a pack of socks, and a pack of jammies. I’ve been pulling all of his 3-6 month clothes out of rotation. I can’t believe I’ve already filled an entire plastic tub of used clothes! And that’s not including the preemie sized stuff I passed on to cousin Lukas.

Baby clothes are sized kinda weird. It took me a while to figure out that size “6 mo” means 3-6 and not 6-9. So all the new clothes I bought are 12 mo, which seems like it would be jumping the gun. But I want him to have stuff last for a while! I realize now I didn’t get a single 9 mo item. Hopefully that won’t matter. Besides, I’m going to have to get summer stuff in a few more months anyway.

So far I’ve only encountered one instance of blatant mislabeling of sizes. Kirk has a cute Cure onesie that Mr. b got as a shower gift and that claims to be size 18-24 months. Thankfully Mr. b didn’t believe that and pulled it out of the bin of yet-to-be-worn clothes in time. Now I’m mildly paranoid and keep checking the other items to make sure there are no other majorly mislabeled surprises in there.

As soon as Kirk starts fitting into the T sizes, I’ll have to figure out a whole new sizing scheme.

No comments: