Friday, July 24, 2009

Gifts

I love hand-made gifts. I’ve just always been a fan. The time and effort and creativity that goes into them makes them so meaningful and precious. Kirk had several fantastic gifts of that sort. Of course there was the Enterprise sweater but he also had some awesome onesies that were hand decorated, a Tintin quilt that’s hanging on his wall, and I knitted him a little white hat and matching booties. I have done nothing of the sort for Veronica.

Thankfully, other people are picking up my slack. A couple of my aunts have made her some blankets, bibs, and a crocheted cube toy. Just this week we received this awesome TARDIS sweater, once again made by the inimitable akg!

TARDIS sweater

The Trekkies sent around a card again, too. Lovely folks, one and all!

Bundle got this adorable hat from the fabulous monkeypants. It’s still a bit big but should fit perfectly for the fall.

hat

And superbadfriend was super badass and painted Ronnie her very own orangedotstickbutt. And hand delivered it!!!

Orange dot stick butt

We hung that sucker up in the kids’ room right away.

orangedotstickbutt

8 comments:

Adoresixtyfour said...

Orange!

superbadfriend said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOOVE THAT TARDIS SWEATER!

Glad you liked ODSB. :)

belsum said...

I love it, Jess. And so does everyone that's seen it. It's so cool. Chris is having a lot of fun deciding what painting(s) to use for the Merc Rage record, too. Yay art!

superbadfriend said...

YAY! I will be getting the hires images from the photographer in the morning. He just has to let me now which they'd like to use. xoxoxoxo

Adoresixtyfour said...

That TARDIS sweater is pretty sweet--the kind of thing you keep long after the child has outgrown it.

belsum said...

Totally. We still have Kirk's Enterprise sweater. In fact, I pulled it out so Ronnie can wear it! So there are some good things about being a second child, heh.

Unknown said...

So I am backreading your blog! And you are just promoting my knitted items all over the internet!

Bundle looks soooo cute in the hat!

belsum said...

Aww, you're so sweet. Both for backreading AND for having made such an adorable little hat in the first place!!