Monday, July 27, 2009

Chow Time

Ronnie’s eating patterns changed somewhat over the last few days. She’s been waking up earlier and earlier at night and eating nearly constantly for those few hours she’s in bed with me. So we decided to try cereal last night. She seemed to really like it! Obviously she has to learn to swallow the different consistency but she didn’t get mad like Kirk did on his first go. Maybe that’s because we’ve got some experience in the matter and maybe it’s just because she’s proving to be an all-around easier baby than he was. I did feel a slight twinge of “my baby is growing up” melancholy but only slight.



Awesomely, I managed to get a dinty conversation in this video. Kirk loves pizza but won’t eat the dinties. That’s the toppings. I don’t have a clue where he came up with that word but we’ve been using it for several years now so it’s just part of the family vocabulary.

11 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

Dinties! That's funny. We've felt all along that Violet has been WAY easier all around and I've wondered how much of it is because of her and how much of it is because we have a better handle on things the second time around. Hard to say. Probably a little of both.

belsum said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are getting the same impression. Maybe a third factor is that They say that girls are quicker with the physical development things in early childhood?

Elen said...

No, children do have different personalities. If I hear one more time it is because I am more experienced mother that Toby is an easier child I will scream. Just.Look.At.Them.Both - waaaay different depsite being same gender.
Incidentally you are feeding my theory about Neonate intensive care making wired jumpy difficult babies.
Anyhoo good luck with the solids.
You can always have another baby! Bwahahahaha!!!

Mummy Grabill said...

I LOVE the video! Kirkie is adorable with this dinties! SO glad we got to hear that conversation!

superbadfriend said...

LOVE your videos Bel!

Ronnie's facial expressions are precious and Captain's 'dinties' discussion was effin' hilarious.

belsum said...

Interesting theory, Elly. I didn't realize both of yours had been wired up, too.

Dinties! Everybody needs to use that one!

Mummy Grabill said...

Elly, I wouldn't totally discount the "more experienced parents" theory. The root of the theory is the same as yours, our personalities are, in part, shaped by our experiences as a child. Although, "more experienced" doesn't really describe it fully in my book. When you are on your 2nd or subsequent child you just don't have time to be as hyper as you were with the first.

Anonymous said...

Great video of meal time and the first cereal. Seemed to go real well since Bundle didn't clamp her mouth shut to prevent insertion of the foreign substance :) ... soon it will be time for FRUIT!

Dinties ... just love the words they come up with to describe their world. Wonder if its because there is a 'dent' in the pizza/cheese after removal of the foreign substance (I'm not a fan of peperoni either). Most guys do seem to like the sausage/peperoni And eventually and #1Son will be sneaking them off of your slices.

ex-babysitter

Adoresixtyfour said...

"Dinties"--I like that.

belsum said...

Hee! Are you hyper, Mum? We always had people telling us how not "first timer" we were with Kirk.

I honestly don't know how he came up with the word dinties but it's handy! Even my nieces have started using it.

Adoresixtyfour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.