Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Language

Kirk’s got a couple of new speech quirks I’ve been noticing. The most obvious one is that he says “almos’” when he means “also”. I’ve tried to correct him but I don’t think he’s aware that he’s doing it wrong. And he does it that way every time. The other one I haven’t quite figured out yet. Because I’m not sure if he’s saying “see” or “sí”. It really could go either way. I wish I could come up with a sample snippet of conversation. He’ll be going along, telling a story about his toys or a movie or something and I’ll ask a question and he’ll say…one of those. And they both work! “See. Balok was just a puppet!” “Sí. Balok was just a puppet!” He is either clarifying or agreeing. There’s so much Spanish in children’s education television that it wouldn’t faze me one bit for him to have picked that up. I just honestly don’t know which it is!

3 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

This makes me laugh as I have one friend who, when his daughter was not quite two, could not figure out one particular thing she said (something along the lines of 'hobble dabble'). The things he tried to get her to clarify what it meant . . .! LOL! Well, she's four now and he never figured it out. :-)

belsum said...

Oh mum, we've got one of *those* phrases, too. Still have no clue what a ganker and bomp are!

Chris Hill said...

He's being 40's guy. "See Balok is a puppet see."