Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Darndest Things

  • No Mama. You can't talk me like a person! [I know what he means. It's a proto-"you're not the boss of me" statement. But...like a person? I don't get it!]

  • No, not dang'ous. [This applies to any warning given about anything.]

  • Green grocery store name Rainbow. Red grocery store name Target. Blue grocery store name Walmart. [These color assignments at least make sense by the colors of their names. Mr. b, being a smartass, told Kirk that Walgreens is the purple store. We'll see if that one sticks.]

  • We going to blue library? [I just don't have a clue why the book club library became blue. As far as I can remember he's only been to a different library once - for a grand re-opening party. He was totally traumatized by the giant BurBur and Anna foam headed costumes and Goldy Gopher, who actually pulled his name out for the kid's prize drawing.]

  • [A2] broke Nana's c'ock. [I'm 12. I giggle every time he talks about the broken "c'ock". Nana shouldn't have had that stupid clock sitting so precariously in the first place. But it was hilarious to watch Kirk scolding his cousin after she was already in time-out for being so spastic that she knocked the dang clock off in the first place.

  • We go Cap'tol and see horses and get horses down need ganker and bomp and ride them at Cap'tol. [Your best guess is as good as mine on the whole ganker and bomp deal. He tells this story all the time. Mr. b took him to the state capitol while killing time before my charity choir concert this winter and he became obsessed with getting the gold horse statues down from the top.
  • 7 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Heee. So, so cute.

    And you better watch out talking to me like a person...

    Anne C. said...

    Ditto the "heeee!"
    I love that the first two are such rebellious statements. Watch out for Rebel! Kirk!

    belsum said...

    Yeah, I really could have gone on and on about more of his "rebellious statements". I didn't even get into how he "can't want" just about anything. Betcha can't wait lis!

    LA said...

    Those are great!!

    Anonymous said...

    Aww.

    :-)

    LaelR said...

    These are awesome. I am pretty sure that the "gonk and bomp" are just his own onomonopeia - probably sounds like gonk and bomp when he does whatever it was he was planning on doing with the horses. I think I will go for a little gonk and bomp myself!

    LaelR said...

    Sorry, Kirk - ganker and bomp!