Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pre-Turkey Round-Up

Yesterday I had another ob check-up. I'm glad for how quick and easy they always are. Get weighed (gained another pound so that plus 2 last month puts me back at my "starting weight" which, granted, was at least 10 and closer to 20 pounds more than it ought to have been), check blood pressure, wait for New Doc. Then when he comes in it's up on the table to measure my belly, listen to the heartbeat, and that's it really. I rarely have any questions. He rarely has anything to ask me about. Next month, however, is the glucose tolerance test. Bleh.

I realized tonight while rinsing out the shower that my normal high levels of natural shedding have seriously been curtailed. I don't remember it dropping off like this when I was preggers with Kirk. But I also didn't have the massive chemo levels of hair loss postpartum either. Should be interesting to see if that happens this time.

Tomorrow we drive south to Springfield, MO, for Thanksgiving feasting. It'll be the first long drive we've taken since Kirk's been in underpants. I'm not really sure what to expect. I've pulled out spare pants to keep in the car just in case but he's really been accident-free for quite some time now. He's even been having dry naps for the past week or so. Overnight is another matter entirely but I don't count that. Except for the pooping thing. He continues to eschew the potty for poops. He's regular and goes every night: in his overnight diaper after he's been put to bed. We've been trying to at least convince him he needs to let us know so we can then change his diaper. He's had a poo-burned butt far too frequently of late from sleeping in his own crap. Gross. How can he stand that?

I'm bored of my paltry selection of maternity shirts already. I still have some to pull out that were obviously for when I'm further along but I think I might start in on them sooner, just for variety. Otherwise, I'm going to have to do some shopping.

6 comments:

Adoresixtyfour said...

I hope you & the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Bel!

lap said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you manage to emerge from the car less than completely exhausted. Maybe Kirk will sleep for at least half the drive? ha ha?

superbadfriend said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BEL! Have a safe trip. Talk to you soon.

xoxoxoxo

What do you mean by shedding?

Anne C. said...

Happiest of Thanksgivings, bel!

Big hug!

Mummy Grabill said...

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and that your drive was quick and uneventful! We traveled from Denver to Eastern Oklahoma (12 hours) so we have a long trip ahead of us on Sunday.

I feel you on the maternity clothes. I was so happy and proud of my first ones, now they seem old and boring. I'll probably be needing to get some more in the near future. As for the pants, I don't think I like any of my options so far. The ones with the belly panel are annoying because I feel like I'm always having to hike them up. The ones that are low riders with elastic around the waist I feel like I have a plumber's crack in them. I 'least' dislike the belly panel so that's what I wear usually.

belsum said...

Thanks 64; I hope yours was wonderful!

Kirkie doesn't really sleep in the car any more, LAP, but he continues to be a great traveler so yay!

sbf - you know, the hair in the drain after you shower or that collects on your brush? It slows down during pregnancy (hormones I guess?) and then both resumes natural levels AND makes up for lost time post-partum.

(((HUGS))) Ana!

You beat us on the drive mum; we "only" had about 9 and a half hours. Hope it went well for you! It really is all about least dislike with the clothes at this point, isn't it?