Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My life is almost entirely centered around my tits right now. Perhaps even more so than when Diablo was stripping full time. "Did you boob him?" is Mr. b's way of inquiring how the latest nursing attempt went. I'm milking myself after each feeding because we need to have bottled boob for the little man. I'm fascinated watching the milk come out of my nipples. It comes out of more than just one spot! There are lots of tiny holes. I don't know why I thought it was just one in the center. And sometimes it spurts out in a fine jet.

But wee Kirk has gained weight! Yay! A whole 2 ounces in fact. We had a home visit from a nurse on Sunday and he was up to 5# 1oz. Mr. b and I are hoping for birth weight at today's clinic check-up. It'll probably depend on if he poops. The home visit nurse had to "stimulate his rectum" (slide a vaseline coated thermometer in and out of his butt) because he hadn't pooped in 36 hours. Later that day I changed the most massively poopy diaper I've ever seen in my life.

Some random observations:
Apparently duckies and froggies are gender neutral animals.
Puppies are for boys and kitties are for girls.
Mr. b and I both now refer to ourselves as "Mommy" and "Daddy" in the third person.
Kirk is the cutest baby of all time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do miss you! I'm glad everything is going well.

FYI, there will be another card chain heading your way in the near future (you fertile Trekkies!). We'll keep you in the loop.

/lis

Anonymous said...

Hey there, it's been a long time (I found you via Diablo's site). First off, congratulations! These are exciting times for you and Mr. b, and I'm glad to hear wee Kirk is doing well now. So, do you remember when we worked together...and I had to drag my pump into that teeny little bathroom, effectively shutting out my female co-workers for the duration of the milking, and then I stored my boobjuice in the kitchen fridge afterwards? Yeah, those were the days. Anyhow, hope you have a decent pump. Makes life a little easier. And here's to Captain K putting on the pounds.

Cheers!