Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm really surprised at how quickly my stomach has gone down. I'm betting regular pants would fit me, if I'd bother to unpack them and try them on. Maternity things are certainly too big, except for the two low rider transitional pairs I bought in the fifth month. This weekend a friend told me that if she didn't know, she'd never guess that I just had a baby. I wouldn't go that far! I know that the attempt to nurse and the constant pumping has helped. I sure am hungry all the time. I could actually feel my uterus retracting while I was still in the hospital. It felt kind of like that undefinable tummy ache that you get with the flu. Now I just want to know when my stomach muscles have moved back into their normal place and I can start doing sit-ups.

And have sex! Dangit, this sex restriction is no fun. I'm not allowed to "put anything in [my] vagina for 6 weeks." The nurse explained that means tampons and then she circled the No Sexual Intercourse section of my discharge paperwork. Both Mr. b and I keep having sex dreams and are starting a sex countdown.

The psychadelic jaundice box
Gangsta
Sleeping little beauty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He totally looks like a little Smurf in this photo. And I mean that in the best way possible :-)

As for the uterus contracting thing, that did feel pretty weird. And as for the hunger thing...I ate WAY more while I was nursing than I ever did while pregnant. Felt like I'd morphed into a teenaged boy...but instead of growing taller, my body was making milk. But now you are the dairy queen!