Friday, July 01, 2005

I talked to Doc. I figured 12 hours of contractions was plenty long enough to warrant an informational phone call. She said to give it another 12 hours. If they become more regular or even more intense, then call the labor people at the hospital and just go in. She said that if I'm really in labor they'd "let me" have the baby now. Was that a joke? Can you even stop it if you're in labor too early? But Doc said that it could be my body just needs more fluids (considering how much water I drink I highly doubt that) or maybe these contractions will just ebb away. I hope so. I hope it's just because Child Person is dropping, getting his head into position in my pelvis.

I really should do some pelvic rocks and belly dancing to help ensure he's facing the right direction just in case this is real labor. Then again, I'm so tired I'm going to take a nap instead. Because if it's not false labor, I'm going to need some energy. I came home early when I realized I could barely concentrate on work anymore. I figured I needed to leave while I could still muster up enough concentration to drive safely.

No comments: