Friday, June 05, 2009

Science!

Last night Kirk stepped on his sister. On her chest. The thing is, he wasn’t being malicious. But it also wasn’t an accident. He was experimenting. I was in the kitchen and I heard Bundle scream out in pain. When I turned around I saw him bent down and giving her kisses. It took a second to register that he had done something before I started in with the accusations. “What did you do to her?!”

When he admitted he stepped on her I had to ask where and he rubbed her chest. So then I had to check to make sure everything felt OK before I picked her up to comfort her. I asked if it was an accident and I could see the wheels turning before he answered no. Yeah right. If it had been a foot or hand I could buy accident. Hell, even arm or leg. But not chest.

After Mr. b got home from school I found out that Kirk had been testing the waters earlier. He had apparently been lightly resting his foot on her, removing it quickly when his father saw what he was doing. So clearly it had been on his mind for a while. That helps explain why he didn’t seem very remorseful. But he knew he was in trouble and he brushed his teeth extra good last night as a peace offering.

This is only the beginning of the sibling fun.

6 comments:

superbadfriend said...

Oh wow, Bels. How terrifing it must have been to hear Bundle screaming in pain. Kirkie must have felt terrible once he heard her crying.

Am glad the wee one is alright.

xoxo

Mummy Grabill said...

Wow - I'm impressed with Kirk's truthfulness about the situation. I'm sure you talked to him about why that's not a good idea and could hurt bundle very badly. What did he say? He so clearly loves her very much, but little kiddos don't quite understand the full extent of their actions at that age.

belsum said...

She sounded about the same as after she got shots. So at least it wasn't a new level of pain or anything.

Kirkie also got to have a discussion with his father about the incident. We were driving somewhere yesterday and he was singing in the backseat. We asked what his song was called. "I Can't Step on Bundle" BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

Mummy Grabill said...

Good boy, Kirkie!!! And good job with the talkin' to Mr. and Mrs. B :-)

Anonymous said...

Because she's OK, that is hilarious. That he was planning it, dying to know what would happen. Also, that he sang about it later.

belsum said...

Oh the fact that he sang about it is totally the best part, lis!