Monday, June 29, 2009

FOUR!

We had Kirk’s birthday party this weekend. I was impressed that he understands it wasn’t his “real” birthday. I had explained that people have to work on his birthday this year so we were having his party on the weekend so people could come and bring him presents. Lots of presents.

opening presents

reviewing the loot

I’m never organized enough to make actual goodie bags for the kids but I did pick up some random crap stuff for them to play with during the party. Mini-frisbees, bubbles, and candy necklaces.

candy!

We actually planned ahead and got a Star Trek cake. How cool is it that they have Star Trek cakes standard at the Target bakery right now? Love it when there’s a new movie out and kicking box office ass.

blowing out the candles

Apparently it was exceptionally tasty cake.

cake!

Young Miss V had fun being passed around.

so cute

But she crapped out hard when we all had quiet time after the party.

naptime

My sister and her family stuck around and that evening we walked up to the local Jamboree for fireworks and carnival rides. Mr. b was the best Drunk Uncle of all time and bought the kids shitloads of glow-in-the-dark bullshit. By the time we all got back home, my sister decided to give in to her girls’s constant begging to sleep over. So the tent went up in the backyard and Mr. b, Kirk, A1, and A2 all spent the night out there. I think Kirk’s still wrecked even today.

10 comments:

akg said...

Wow. That sounds like the best birthday ever. I'm a bit jealous.

Adoresixtyfour said...

Did he get to keep the little Enterprise from his cake?

superbadfriend said...

That is the cutest party cake ever.Way to go Target! Kirkie looks so happy. Chris and Michael look good. Glad everything turned out well. xo

superbadfriend said...

PS I met your twin at the beach the other day. You to could totally be related. Hah!

belsum said...

Party like a 4 year old, akg, heh.

Of course he kept the ship, A64! It even lights up.

I've heard I have a twin around town, sbf - I guess she moved to Chicago?

Elen said...

Awesome party. Sleepover too! Such adorable kids you have there Bel.

Katie said...

What fun! Happy birthday, Kirk!!

Adoresixtyfour said...

"Lights up"? Sweet! I've got an Enterprise Hallmark ornament that does that, and it's wicked cool. Glad the Captain had such an awesome birthday!

belsum said...

Mr. b is a little jealous of the ship because it's the No Bloody A and he has the A that Matchbox just put out. Heh.

Thank you Kate and Elly! (Ooh, you guys need a TV show...)

Anne C. said...

Four? I can't believe I've known you since before you were pregnant with him.

Happy Birthday Little Doctor.