Saturday, December 20, 2008

25 Weeks 6 Days

I had my doctor visit and glucose test yesterday. This time it was fruit punch flavor. The thing about that stuff is...it doesn't start out tasting so bad. And it's only 10 ounces. But you have to drink the whole thing in 5 minutes or less and frankly about halfway through it starts to just be Too Much. Hopefully the fact that I had just had pizza at my holiday lunch at work won't skew my results any. I definitely felt myself crashing once the sugar rush wore off later in the afternoon.

Weight-wise I've shot up 6 pounds since last month. That took me by surprise, though it really shouldn't have. My clothes have been noticeably tighter, even some of the maternity stuff I had saved from before. And I've been eating more. Many of the taste issues I've been having this pregnancy have suddenly lessened. And holy cow those savory breakfasts I've been favoring sure have a way higher calorie count. Plus my salt tooth has come back, though my sweet tooth is still going strong. So basically now I'm having twice the evening snacks since I'll have some chips or popcorn or something first and then move on to the candy or ice cream or cookies. Bad, bad, bad. I need to dial it back.

But hey, at least we have a working oven again! Mr. b found one on Craigslist earlier this week for the cost of the part to fix the old one. So he and my dad went to pick it up this morning and now it's in and I guess I should decide if I need to do any holiday baking or not. Certainly I don't need more sweets around the house. But I wouldn't mind bringing in something to share at work or at least bringing something to my sister's house for Christmas Day dinner.

4 comments:

Adoresixtyfour said...

I hope you and the (expanding) family have a great Christmas and a lovely and peaceful New Year!

belsum said...

Thank you and a very Merry Christmas right back atcha!

Mummy Grabill said...

Bel. Ok, I swear they only asked me to drink 5 oz of that stuff! Now I'm hoping I didn't do it wrong!! And I had to fast for two hours in advance, but could drink all the water I wanted.

Anywho, glad to hear you've got a working oven now! I love craigslist! Being preggers at this time of year can be difficult (I think) because I'm already prone to the holiday weight gain cause of all the goodies . . . Merry Christmas!

belsum said...

I still haven't gotten my test results yet, mum but I figure they would have called if it was bad. Heh.

I hope you had a splendid Christmas!