Thursday, July 03, 2008

Big Boy!

For the two or so weeks leading up to Kirk’s birthday I had been talking about how we were going to take down his baby crib after his party. Because then he’ll be too big to sleep in it anymore. About a week before, he started sleeping in his Big Boy Bed instead of the crib. So on Monday, Mr. b took it apart. We asked Kirk where he wanted the bed placed and so now it’s on the same wall that the crib was on.

Big Boy!

Once that was done we tackled the toys. Mr. b sorted through everything and asked Kirk if it should stay upstairs or go downstairs. He did a really good job making decisions. I hauled everything to the basement while they were rearranging. I still need to go through the basement toys and pick out what to keep – either as keepsakes or for the next kid – and what to take to goodwill. No matter how messy the downstairs living room may be right now, Kirk’s bedroom looks fantastic! I’m sure it won’t last…

Cleanroom

We still need to get some shelves and a bin system of some sort. At the very least, a container for all of his cars. He had been using an old wooden bath salts box. He inherited it along with all the various cars that Mr. b and I had collected ourselves over the years. But that’s not going to be big enough anymore. Not with the motherlode of Cars merch we gave him last night! His excitement and joy was overpowering. And listening to him sing “you’ve got a friend in dee” to Woody was just about the cutest thing ever.

Woody's Round-Up

5 comments:

Anne C. said...

What a cutie pie! I love hearing stories about your captain. :)

Adoresixtyfour said...

I wish I were that good at making decisions about my toys.

superbadfriend said...

Aww the room looks so awesome. And organized. Come to my house and do the same to my room!

Pleeeeeeeeeease.

I am pleasantly surprised ay how well Kirkie took to to losing the crib. Nice job!


Adore, I am coming over. We will organize your collections.

belsum said...

Thanks ana! You're always such a good fan - HA!

The hard part, 64, will be when I have to decide what to actually get rid of!

I think he was finally *ready* for it, jess. And we've had two beds set up in that room for FAR too long dangit!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!